Wednesday, January 26, 2011

TobyMac!

Okay, if you're interested in music that ROCKS, this guy's the one for you!






TobyMac is a writer, a singer, a rapper, a rocker, a husband, and a dad - and that's just in ONE DAY!

I love this guy so much that I have seen him 3 times in concert, and the first time, I got his autograph (when he gave me the poster back, he fist-bumped me!!! =D )!

 2 seconds after this was taken, he bumped knuckles with me! lol =D


He's such an amazing artist that writes uplifting songs that just make you wanna dance and sing and clap your hands and  raise your arms in praise! It's an awesome experience to be at one of his shows because something fun always happens. He makes it so that things are different everytime.


He just released a new album in 2010 called Tonight and it is the shiz!


Just read some of the lyrics from the song City on Our Knees:

"If we gotta start somewhere, why not here?
If we gotta start sometime, why not now?
If we gotta start somewhere, I say here.
If we gotta start sometime, I say now.
Through the fog, there is hope in the distance,
From cathedrals to third-world nations.
Love will fall to the earth like a crashing wave.
Tonight's the night for the sinners and the saints.
Two worlds collide in a beautiful display.
'Cause it's all love tonight, when we step across the line,
We can sail across the sea to the city with one King,
A City on Our Knees, a City on Our Knees..."

Does that not make you wanna just sink to your knees in praise?!


TobyMac is accompanied by the Diverse City Band!

There's a reason that they are called the Diverse City Band, too! They hail from all over; they have different backgrounds, different families, but the thing that holds them together?
:Their strong stance against racism! How great is that?!




Here's the full band including Toby:

Toby "TobyMac" McKeehan - Lead Vocals (2001 - Present)
Gabe "GabeReal" Patillo - Vocals, Trumpet (20010 - Present)
Deshon "Shonlock" Bullock - Vocals (2001 - Present)
Nirva "Nirva Ready" Dorsaint-Ready - Vocals (2002 - Present)
Dave "D-Dub" Wyatt - Keyboard, Backing Vocals (2002 - Present)
Brian "Da Bomb" Haley - Drums (2001 - Present)
Todde "Toddiefunk" Lawton - Bass (2002 - Present)
Tim "T-Rose" Rosenau - Guitar, Trumpet, Backing Vocals (2003 - Present)


DJ Maj - Turntables, Trombone, Tambourine (2001 - Present)
Byron "Mr. Talkbox" Chambers - Monster voice, Keys, Electric Guitar (2009 - Present)





Now, back to the lyrics...

He has written some amazing songs that only become better when the Diverse City Band adds music to them!


Check out this sick brass trio in the beginning! That's true musicianship right there!

"This ain't no ordinary, this ain't no ordinary love. This ain't no ordinary, gonna tell everyone up under the sun.
See I refuse to believe we're a dying breed, children of peace, hope and harmony.
Ordinary hopes, Extraordinary love, something from above helping me for sure.
You can't see it with an untrained eye, but if you take a little time, I'm sure you'll find it..." - No Ordinary Love
All I can say is EPIC!

Here's a few lyrics another song from his new album: Get Back Up


"You turned away when I looked you in the eye, and hesitated when I asked if you were alright.
Seems like you're fighting for your life, but why, oh why?
Wide awake in the middle of a nightmare, you saw it coming but it hit you outta nowhere.
And there's always scars, when you fall that far...
This is love callin', love callin' out to the broken. This is love callin'."

I'll end with this:

Here's my favorite song by TMac:
Gone:
"I told the girl that you should treat her like a lady and
She told me all the things you did and it was shady, man.
She said that what you say and what you do are different things,
But you were tellin' me that you were checkin' out them blingy rings...

"She said she's had enough.
Well  it sounds to me like you're straight outta luck.
And she said she's all through,
And life's not blowing her kisses thanks to you.

I wanna know, wanna know what you were thinkin'!
I can't imagine why it didn't even sink in.
They say you never know what you got 'til its gone.

She said she's had enough.
Well, it sounds to me like you're still outta love.
And she said you weren't true,
And life's not blowing her kisses thanks to you.


I wanna know, wanna know what you were thinkin'!
I can't imagine why it didn't even sink in.
They say you never know what you got 'til its gone.


But she said its gonna be alright,
'Cause God made a way through the pain and he opened her eyes.
And she said you came crawlin' back,
But after what you did to her she wouldn't have any of that!
(She kicked him to the curb!)


I wanna know, wanna know what you were thinkin'!
I can't imagine why it didn't even sink in.
They say you never know what you got 'til its gone."


Can you tell why I LOVE this song??!! 
Why I love this GUY?! 

PEACE, LOVE and DIVERSE CITY!

No comments:

Post a Comment