Monday, January 31, 2011

The Love Letter, the Best Friend, the Nightmare... and Life After

I wrote a new song and it names names, so where there are blanks, that's where names will be inserted later on...

_______________________________________________________________

Well ___ ____ was my first kiss,
And yes, it made my head spin,
And yes, I was 17...

But what I didn't know,
Is that he's not for me,
And so... I let go...

And I went on down the road,
And stopped at all the places,
And saw all of the cute men,
But none were _____ _____,
And I"d love to see him sometimes,
But I"m just so far away,
From my love.

So I went off to college,
But just before I left,
I told him that I love him,
And he told me, not yet.

And yes, I cried at that,
And I cried and cried some more,
But then I realized,
I still loved him more,

Even after he said no...

And so I went on down the road,
And stopped at all the places,
And saw all of the gentelmen,
But none were _____ _____.
And I'd love to see him sometimes,
But I'm just so far away,
From my love.

Well now he's with my best friend,
Or the friend I thought I had.
And I know he loves her more than me,
Although, he's never said.

So now I fight the nightmares in my head.
They torment my thoughts and make me worse off than before...

I dream of a wedding and i see the blushing bride,
And I see her walking towards him and...
I cry... I cry... I cry...

And she walks down the aisle
And he smiles at his future wife.
And I realize my love has chosen
A different bride.

And the problem with this is
I'm supposed to stand beside her
As her maid of honor and friend,
But I run away,
Crying,
Even though,
I know,
It's all in my head...

But this nightmare takes me over,
And fills me with dread,
Instead of dreaming of my love,
I dream of him and her again.

And i just can't do this again...



And so I went on down the road,
And stopped at all the places,
And saw all of the cute men,
But none were meant for me.
And I'd love to see him,
Without her by his side,
But I know that that won't happen,
So I go... on down the road...

And this song doesn't have a happy ending,
Though the story's not over yet.
But I know it won't end up good for me,
No matter who I end up with.
You see, I know that I,
Just cannot be with him.
Because he's not in love with me,
And it's sad, but I saw this coming.

Even though I went on pretending...



__________________________________

Tell me what you think of this... I know it would be easier if you could hear how it sounds in my head, but if you can just give me feedback on what the lyrics say...
Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment