Monday, January 24, 2011

Around the world in (almost) 19 years

Music has taken me places that I never could've imagined. I've traveled to so many countries with my family and with my high school band; with my college band and, hopefully, with my fraternity.

Since I was 5, I have been to the following places (in order):
Europe -Austria, France, and Germany
Hawaii
New York - NYC, Boston, and Salem
Hawaii
Mexico -Cozumel
Europe -Italy: Rome, Florence, Verona, and Venice
Bahamas -Nasau and CoCo Cay.

It probably helped that my dad was the band director, so my whole family usually went...

But my family is very musical.
My mom went to UK on a pianist scholarship and was a music teacher for 15 years.
My dad also went to UK and was a percussion performance major and is now the band director, as I said.

My brother was a percussionist in high school but he's really a drummer at heart. He has been the drummer of numerous rock bands and is currently the drummer/back-up vocalist for the band Pawnshop Radio. They are a very good band and i'd suggest listening to their music.

I am a music education major at UK, (yes, I know, following in my parents' footsteps) and also a journalism major. I dream of being a music critic and hope to do that at a notorious newspaper such as the New York Times or the Chicago Tribune.

With the UK Band (aka WMB[Wildcat Marching Band]), I have gone to Tennessee and Alabama... both places we lost our football games. =(

Because I am a member of one of the university bands, I was able to become a member of the Theta Epsilon chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi. We are a service fraternity with the purpose of assisting the university bands.

I'm sure that with KKPsi, I will go to more places and meet more people. I love Kappa Kappa Psi and my brothers within the fraternity.

I love music. It's been my life since I was in the womb, honestly. And with the goals that I have, it will be my life 'til the day I die.
And ya know what? I am totally okay with that. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment